Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DISNEYLAND

Monstrous lines, inflation, tantrums, airplane ride with children, public restrooms,…these are all things that come to mind when I think of taking a vacation to Disneyland. So, why am I always so excited to go? Well, I gotta tell you…I love Disneyland!!! The bright colors, characters, inspired settings, variety of rides, expensive souvenirs, well, I love it all! A $7 ice cream cone never tasted so delicious! Visiting Disneyland with my family is truly one of my favorite things to do. The excitement on the kids’ faces as we see a character come to life or the enthusiasm shown as we are about to climb onto a ride makes it worth the hassle.

We started off the vacation a little rough by almost missing our flight…yes, they actually called our names over the intercom and then lectured us as we were boarding our flight. Whoops! Disneyland was great, though…especially when we were able to utilize our early entry passes. We even got Jace to ride on something other than Small World and Dumbo. I coaxed Hallie into riding Space Mountain with me, and she loved it! So, then she decided she wanted to go on Tower of Terror and California Screamin’. I was a little nervous to take her on either, but she insisted. I don’t know if it was to show up her cowardly dad or an actual desire, but we went and both had a blast! I finally have a partner for Six Flags!!! Whoo hoo!

We also frequented Cheesecake Factory while we were there. As we were enjoying our dessert (Jace licking his ice cream straight from the dish and Hallie talking incessantly about nothing) Kevin looked at me and said, “Our kids are weird.” Before I could agree, Jace looked up and said, “I’m not a kid. I’m a puppy.” Lick, lick. Seriously...what more can I say?

Oh, and not that it matters much, but I totally met Mark from this season’s “The Biggest Loser.” Well, at least I thought it was cool. We really did have a wonderful time!


My cute family (minus Emerie, who was vacationing at home with Grandma Debbie)

Hallie and Jace couldn't get enough of this little water park. Jace even took a couple squirts right in the eye and kept on truckin'.

Hallie and I got quite a giggle out of Cruella-she told Hallie her shirt looked like bad wallpaper. She's great!

It's not a problem getting Hallie to let me take her picture...as you can see, the problem is getting her to stop posing.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast! Your kids are too funny! I have to ask...is Kevin a chicken when it comes to riding rides? If so I think we may have twinner hubbys! Oh...and I really do need to update my blog, but nothing has really been going on until yesterday! We found out the baby is now a girl! HAHA just kidding but we did fear thats what would happen! But at the ultrasound he was still all boy, and it was still way noticeable! Nate says its noticeable because he is blessed in the area! LOL...what an idiot! We miss ya! Muah!

Zach and Erika said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Disneyland is magical with kids...so I hear. :) Cute pics!

julie and john said...

I'm jealous! I too love everything about Disneyland! I loved the story about your kids being "weird"! Too funny!!

Stacy said...

That looks like so much fun. I love Disneyland too. I can't believe Hallie went on Tower of Terror. That ride is awesome, but I don't think my kids would dare. That's nice of your mom to keep your baby. Your post made me excited to go soon.

Sandgren Family said...

You're so lucky to go so often. I can't wait to take my kids to Disneyland. We had a pass when Gracie was a year old, but obviously she doesn't remember it. Sounds like you guys had a great time, great pictures too. I'm hoping to have a daredevil like you. I love all the big scary rides and Magic Mountain too(except now it's full of gangstas). I love The Biggest Loser. This was the first season I watched it and I became totally addicted. Way to go Mark, but I was thrilled to see a girl win. Not to mention Ali looked awesome.
We'll have to chat about it some time.

Katrina

Erin said...

Okay so I really feel like a blog stalker but I looked to see if any family had blogs and I found you guys. Gramms said you guys were just down and she was so happy to see you and she said your kids were so well behaved. You guys are such a cute family. Anyway love ya, cewoodbury.blogspot.com

Jean Smith said...

i LOVE disneyland too! you are right...there are so many things that you would think would make us hate a place like that, but ahhhh...it's magical. i love it!!!

lick. lick. LAUGHED my head off with that one...

Heidi said...

I love Disneyland! I am so jealous that you got to go. The first time I went to Disneyland was when I was a junior in high school. I cried when I left! It looks like you had a great time. Your kids have grown so much. They are so cute and funny.

Tia said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip. I totally feel ya about the long lines, public restrooms, etc that go along with Disneyland, but we always go back! It's worth it to see your kids smile! P.S. Tell Kevin happy birthday!

Crystal said...

So Jealous!!! I love Disneyland!!! I really want to go soon!!! The rebate checks could not come any faster :)