Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Fall!

I do love me some autumn....so much. Yes...you are on the right blog...I know sarcasm is usually the road I'm on, but it is hard to be cynical when the weather is so beautiful, my major projects are basically finished (this does not include Kevin...he is still in the works), and I have such crazy monsters to keep me company. My sanity has improved at least a notch this past month, and for that I am SO grateful.

We had a wonderful Halloween and couldn't have asked for a better night. Here are my little vampires...Jace was dead-set on being a Star Wars something-or-other until he saw Hallie GOT to have vampire teeth. So, we GOT to throw him together another costume at the last minute so he, too, could be a vampire with fangs.



This is my oh-so-sad ladybug. She perked right up after she realized knocking on doors would reward her with candy. Following the first house she ran as fast as her little legs would carry her to the following homes and had no qualms approaching complete strangers. Don't even think about touching her candy bag, though.

I also celebrated the last birthday of my 20's in October and was surprised with a special homemade, tiered, birthday cake from Hallie. No, it was not edible, but it was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen, so I had to share it. She's my sweetheart.



And my next photo is for Natalie and Jean...here she is...don't be jealous of my beautiful landscaping.



I really am SOOOO happy we moved. It was a pain getting to this point and nearly drove me to the crazy house, but now that I have finally unpacked my last miscellaneous box this week, and the basement is basically finished I am really so thrilled to be here. It is a really good feeling to lose your kids in your house every once in awhile.

While we were finishing the basement rooms this was how my kids chose to entertain themselves...



Who needs store-bought toys when you can have framing scraps? They made all sorts of concoctions and enjoyed every minute of it that Emerie wasn't destroying their hard work. By the time they were finished each night they were covered from head to toe in drywall dust, but hey, it's the new dirt.


Things are looking up.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Your house is gorgeous. I am glad things are going well for you. Enjoy the last year of your youth. It goes by oh so quickly. The kiddos look so cute on Halloween.

Jill Oyler said...

What scrumptious goblins you have at your house. By the way your house is lovely. Keep the updates coming - they make my day!

Love,

Aunt Jill

Jean Smith said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! i absolutely love your house...can't wait to see it in person! am i the only one who thinks it's hilarious your kids are vampires? don't you FOR ONE SECOND pretend it was their idea...you are forcing your twilight obsession on to your offspring. i KNOW you.

Zach and Erika said...

Love all the pics!! Yay that you finally updated! Cute kids, I love the cake that Hallie made for you! Sweet!

Natalie said...

Hooray, you updated! It's so fun to see all the pics. Your kids look great for Halloween. And thank you for the picture of your house, I love it. How nice you have finished the basement, it looks great.

Anonymous said...

FOLLOW ME MOM.

Anonymous said...

I agree! YAY! :) Your place is beautiful! And I love your little cuties! :) I laughed at the sad ladybug :P haha "What? CANDY?!! OKAY!" :P haha Oh kids :) And yes, so sweet about the birthday cake... it melted my heart :) Glad you are doing well Mikki! :)