Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Sunday, August 9, 2009

This, That and the Other

Well, as usual, it has been awhile, so here is a bit of an update since the last post...

We got a dog...Zeke...




Jace thought he was a dog....

Emerie thought SHE was a dog....

We sold the dog..... Although, I did beat my last record of being a 24-hour pet owner to 4 days! Wow! It only took me wasting money on pets twice to realize I'm not an indoor pet person.

Had a REALLY weird banana...

Attempted FHE...you can see how smooth that went...Emerie, apparently, has a bit more to learn about reverance.

Attended our first 4th of July family reunion in three years, had a blast and wore Jace out to the point of falling asleep in the middle of the campground.


Jace attended his first superhero baseball camp...oh wait...he just chooses to dress like this...still




Met my first trio of crime-fighting midgets...Jace is the super-cool one in the middle.


We moved.


Hallie turned 8....



Kevin and I went on our first date in a LONG time...caught the Secondhand Serenade concert...awesome...and came home to find our kids like this...kinda precious...love 'em



Emerie turned 2-years-old...


I recently realized she is not some crazy monster, but only a regular two-year-old after spending time with a variety of friends and family who also have two-year-olds demonstrating very similar misdemeanors.

Emerie wore this birthday lei and carried this balloon around for a good two days no matter where we went.



Lastly, a documentation of me being bored...


VERY bored....

Happy Summer!

11 comments:

Rieck Family said...

You are so funny! You need to post more! (oh and what happened to pics of the awesome annual Christmas reunion??)

AMiller said...

Mikki you are too funny. We are missing you. Let's play.

Cammy Patton said...

I love that you updated your blog! I felt bad that so many people attended the reunion this year and we were unable to make it. Here's to not being an indoor pet indoor... definitely not for me either.

Natalie said...

Hooray, you posted! :). So fun to see these pics of the kids, they are so cute! How is moving in going? I think you should post a few pics of the new house, would live to see them!

Jean Smith said...

what. the. crap. you seriously bought ANOTHER dog? really? did you just accidentally leave this out of all of our phone conversations? when are you gonna learn...

anyway, i LOVED all of the updates, but what about those house pictures you promised?

Zach and Erika said...

love it!

Heidi said...

Mikki, Mikki, Mikki! I love your post. You always make me laugh. I miss your sense of humor. I hope your move went well.

Jill Oyler said...

Your post cracked me up. I had a great time spending time with you and your family at the reunion. Unlike you, I didn't have to try having an indoor dog to know it wasn't for me. I guess you're a better sport than me. I keep hearing that people that love animals are kinder people - I beg to differ and I think I'm in great company. I also loved Kevin's post. Quiet guys are the best, right? Keep posting - it makes my day!

Los Smiths said...

glad to see you've maintainted your child like qualities Mikki, while raising three others! you would be a fun mom! sad to miss you at the reunion! keep posting.
kate

FRYER FAM said...

it was so good to see you. hopefully next time it won't be so long in between. your kids are so cute & you look great as usual. post some pics of your new home.

Anonymous said...

Hi mom can you be a follower of my blog.