Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Top 3 Reasons I’m Barely Updating the Blog

1. Jace has two distinct modes...compulsive DS gamer or "what can I do to annoy the ladies in my life?" (a.k.a. Mom, Hallie & Emerie...no one is safe). I was trying to do some sit-ups the other morning, but didn't get far because I first had Emerie climb on my stomach and then I was rewarded with Jace continually banging me on the head with a video game box. Can you say, "super fun!?!" So, I have to continually ask myself, "Do I want to foster a gaming, social reject in order to have some quiet time or do I suffer through the wiles of my sinister 4-year-old?"



2. Who needs conditioner when you can use cheese soup, cold cereal or really anything that comes in a bowl and can be dumped on one's head? These options, unfortunately, do not rinse out quite as easily.


3. Heaven help me if I happen to leave open the pantry doors or leave something in chubby little arms reach of my little tornado. She's dumped all the good stuff...multiple times...cocoa, powdered sugar, m&m's, etc. If it's a super pain to clean up, well, then that's what she's looking for. We watched "Marley and Me" this weekend, and we decided she is the toddler form of Marley. I'm sure she'd poop in the ocean and tear up the couch with her teeth if we gave her the chance.


So, between running around trying to keep up and finding time to mend my mentally unstable self, I haven't found a whole lot of time for blogging. I’m guessing you probably thought I would list ALL three of my children, yet I only mention two…well, let me clear it up for you…when it comes to destruction and mental stress, Emerie delivers as if she were two individual monsters. She is the most devious 20-month-old I’ve ever met….or should I say, “dealt with.” Quick example…while Kevin is working on his laptop on the couch Emerie will pull out the power cord, so he’ll have to wrestle with her to get it back, but as soon as he gets the cord, she will hurry and put her finger over the hole where he needs to plug it back in. Seriously, no lie.
I keep asking myself why she can’t say anything more than “uh-oh” when she has such advanced scheming skills. She has definitely drained me of any feeling of control I thought I had. I think by sheer mind-power she willed my first crazy, gray hair to pop two inches out of the top of my head. What can I say? Children are amazing creatures.

10 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

The good life huh? :)I am just jealous you could share a story stating that fact you did sit ups -The last time my life involved sit up was in 1999 - so way to go lady!

Holli,Sayler and Gracie said...

ahhh the joys of motherhood. There always has to be one monster in each family at least. be glad it is only one. cheer up life speeds by and soon she will be in school all day! Yay.

Stacy said...

Emery is totally my number 4 to a tee. Oh my goodness...she is a destructo-queen. I have never had a kid find so much joy out of unloading every cupboard in my house. If it's naughty she wants to do it. I am sorry.

Jean Smith said...

yippee! an update!!!

seriously, mik...i truly believe you must be lying about emerie and her devious ways. when i was in utah, she seemed to be a perfect, well behaved angel. i think it's mommy who is evil and devious...

Rieck Family said...

You are so funny...I think you should blog more, just to make my day!!! It was good to see you for a little bit last month...try to talk Kevin into moving to St. George, we would have a lot of fun!!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad your comment led me here, I didn't know how to get to your blog. It's been fun to go back and look at the lastest pics of the kids, love the ones Jean took, maybe you could send a couple our way (hint, hint). Now, I want to see your Easter pictures!!! I'm not sure I believe this post about the little Em, she was SOOO sweet last time we were there! We, too have a Marley, his name is Braden! Trouble, trouble! Tell everyone Hi!!

Erin said...

Your blogs are hilarious. Yeah we do seem to be on the same blogging schedule. Your kids are so cute!

mckenzie said...

YEAH!!!! You have my package!!! I am DYING for it! I have a session on Thursday that was wanting to use the hats in it!! I am so happy you have it!!! Can you send it to me and I'll send you money for shipping it to me? My address is: 791 w. Young Str., Morgan, UT 84050

Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
Oh, and maybe you could delete this post? Thanks, again!

Laurie said...

If I haven't told you lately - I LOVE YOU! You are so funny. That picture of Jace is classic. And don't worry about turning him into a DS playing dork, so are my boys. Just send Jace to my house and they can all be dorky together!

Anonymous said...

wow :P i wish i would have read this *earlier!! Mikki, although *frustrating at the *time.. this is all so hilarious :P you are a good mom though, and your kids are adorable :) hope you are doing well!