Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Percy Andrew Pursel

Mikki has a history of making changes as soon as I leave town on business - buying a dog, putting our house up for sale, painting rooms in the house, etc. Yesterday I returned home from the Philippines to find that we have a new cat. Our neighbors found it in their window well and despite the agreement Mikki and I had not to have any pets, she gladly accepted the kitten. I had every intention of returning the cat until I saw the note below from Jace. If the picture isn't very clear, here is what it says:

Dear Percy Andrew Pursel:

I hope you had a fun birthday on the 31st day of October. You are a cute little cat. I hope you idn't get hurt in the window well and in the car. I hope you like it here. I hope you weren't scared in the window well. I hope you didn't get hurt in the window well because of those tumble weeds. I like you Percy. I hope you like your name Percy, I was just wondering if you did. Frome Jace

He also managed to wake up a few times during the night concerned Percy might be cold and needing a blanket. He's a little attached already.

It's been a while since we've posted so here are a couple pictures of the kids. It's hard to believe it's already Thanksgiving. I am grateful for a wonderful wife who I don't always deserve and for wonderful kids who make me smile every day. I am also grateful for my amazing parents and the rest of my family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!







5 comments:

jean smith said...

what? kevin did a post? AWESOME! now i must make travis post on our family blog (since i don't anymore). i seriously almost shed a little tear over jace's note...it was so precious!

Jill Oyler said...

Cute pictures and the post made me laugh! Thanks for sharing this special moment with us!

Natalie said...

I love it! Jace's note is too cute. Thank you for posting, it's fun to see the kids.


Is Percy still with you? :)

grandma pursel said...

Kev, proud of you jumping in to the blogosphere. Nice Job!! Love to see the pics of the beautiful kids and Jace's adorable note to Percy. Is Percy infringing on quality football practice?? Like Nat, wondering if Percy is homeless yet??

FRYER FAM said...

so good to see a post Mik. your kids are so stinking cute! i see Smith in all of them. HOw are you?