Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reality

So, this is kind of what I was afraid of…that my life would continue to be as boring as usual, and I would not have anything interesting to write about.

My typical day is:

Wake up and get ready
Get kids ready
Eat breakfast
Get Hallie off to school
Teach preschool
Think about the weight-loss program I started that day
Eat a treat
Wish I was a Hilton (“that’s hot”)
Eat another treat
Welcome Hallie home from school
Finish off the rest of my chores for that day while eating more treats. The weight-loss program will just have to start the next day.

If I was being advertised my slogan would be “I just ate my will-power.”

Yep, that’s me. I did, however, manage to embarrass Hallie at the bus-stop this week by yelling at some of the kids from her school. They, apparently, think it is cool to run across the main road in front of large vehicles, buses, dumptrucks, etc. So, being me, I let them know my true feelings…the words “stupid” and “idiot” may have been liberally used. A few days later I walked Hallie up to the bus-stop and noticed a variety of looks I was receiving, which I found to be pretty amusing. Hallie, however, didn’t.

Before the bus arrived she said to me, “Did you want to go home now? Are you cold?”
(I usually stay until I have waved her off in the bus)
Smiling with an idea to what she was getting at, I ask, “Why?”
She answers me with, “Well, I’m a little embarrassed that some of the kids might remember when you yelled at them.”

Seriously, could I have a more devious child? Although, she has made a great turnaround this week from being annoying to somewhat cute again. We’ve been watching American Idol, and she commented after one of the performances, “Yeah, that had a few pitch problems for me.” Hallie is totally in the know. At least we’ve had a rest from Hannah Montana…I’ll count my blessings.

6 comments:

Rieck Family said...

You are so hilarious! And Hallie?? So funny you embarrassed her. I like reading your funny stories...keep them coming!!!P.S. Sorry about Danny, but seriously could you stand to watch him??

Tia said...

Mikki-
You make me laugh! Thanks for telling me that you had a blog!!! I'm so glad that you do though! I didn't know you had a third baby either! She is so cute! Tell Kevin hi and it's good to hear from you!

Travis Smith said...

Hah hah!! That's funny...tell Hallie it could be worse...she could have dad throwing her friends off the porch with that infamous wicked grin on his face!!!

Stacy said...

Your blog is looking pretty fancy. Maybe you should give mine a facelift. I am clueless in that area.

Smith Family said...

ok, seriously...boring??? just you describing how you brush your teeth would somehow turn out to be the most entertaining story. "i ate my willpower..." ha ha...i giggled so hard when i read this!

love the story about hallie by the way...hilarious!

Los Smiths said...

mikki~!
i am so happy you found me and have discovered that I was vicariously attempting to stay connected to you through my marriage to a Smith!!! now my husband wont have to serve for filler of that void because i can periodically check out your blog, which by the way is already incredibly entertaining, all prefaces to the contrary. so happy to see your cutest little kids!! we'll be in touch...much love. kate