Lord, please grant me patience to deal with my blessings...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

TIME FLIES

I know the old adage is “time flies when you’re having fun,” but I found during July and now August it also has the ability to fly when “fun” is not necessarily the first word that comes to mind.

We did celebrate Hallie’s 7th birthday in July with a little Tinkerbell party—I’m so happy she is currently out of the “I want to act like a valley-girl-teenager” stage. The attitude and jargon that came along with this phase about drove me to an early Prozac addiction—I’m trying to save that for high school.

She finally got the Barbie mp3 player she'd been wanting--it was fun to see her excitement, though.

We did begin August with a bang…Emerie turned one! Once again, where has the time gone? She’s not even close to walking, but that’s okay with me…she’s got a Russian march meets River Dance thing goin’ on. Perhaps her smokin’ hot thigh rolls will stay around a bit longer, though.

She still has not eaten her first piece of cake. The only thing that came from this experience was the opportunity to wash green icing out of her hair.
This has nothing to do with anything other than I love how she just "chills" every time I put her in the bath, and here she is again just chillin' with Kevin.
As for Jace, nothing too exciting to report…he spends the majority of his time in superhero mode. If there are superpowers involved count him in. Every once in awhile he likes to be “Octopus Prime” (transformer) or likes to play games like “Old Maybe.” It’s also always a safe bet he’ll give me attitude daily…I’ve heard “WHATEVER” and “I don’t like having a mom” more in the last month than most parents probably hear in a lifetime. But, “WHATEVER.”

I bet for those of you who knew about our 24-hour pet dachsund you'd never have imagined we would get another pet. Who knew? At least this one has a short life span.
Here is my favorite quality time with Jace, and I'm not talking about the slip-n-slide either.

No fabulous vacations or camping trips to report, but we had a few fun simple times throughout the summer...here are my kids having backyard fun with their cousin Taylor.


Everybody's first visit to the Living Planet Aquarium...I guess the octopus getting its food out of Mr. Potato Head was kinda cool. This visit definitely fits under the summer "filler" category.
When it comes to this past summer, I don’t know, but I think I want a refund…I did NOT get my money’s worth.










11 comments:

AMiller said...

OK - I don't get "I don't want a mom" comments, but I have heard "I hate you" multiple times. Aren't kids supposed to reserve that stuff until at least 12 years old?
Oh, and did you make the cakes? Too great. My fun ideas always turn into horrible things that we try to hide from everybody. Just ask Tim about the "miller" (like a moth) cake I made one year. He won't let me even think of doing something interesting again.

FRYER FAM said...

i love this post. you make me laugh. i can't believe Hallie is 7 already. where does time go? she is as cute as ever! so is little Emerie i can't believe i didn't even know you had a 3rd child & she is already 1. it sounds like Jace keeps life interesting. its a good thing they're cute right. i wish i could've seen you at Nats wedding. i miss everyone. anyway, it was good to see a new post. did i ever tell you that 2 people in my ward here know your husband? they are both from Falon. crazy how small the world is.

Stacy said...

Those cakes are AWESOME. Sheesh. If my kids knew that was an option, they'd feel really jipped. Did you make those? If so, you are wonder woman.

Cammy Patton said...

Wow - you're cakes are amazing. Way to go! My kids are never checking out your blog - I don't want their expectations to rise.
Little C calls old Maid "Old Knave" - it's pretty hilarious.

Erin said...

I laugh everytime you read your posts. You need to post more often so I can have some comic relif. It has been awhile but it does look like there was a lot going on. I am sure that is a usual thing and Grandma always raves about you and your kids. Cute pics!

Erin said...

BTW I meant everytime I read your posts. Apparently I should not write but you on the other hand, your posts are great!

Jean Smith said...

it's about time for an update. kind of offended you don't have any pictures of me from our sleepover, but i will forgive. i love the pursel's...we will MISS YOU!!!!!

Laurie said...

HOLY CAKE BAKER!!! I'm calling you next time I need a cake. How amazing are you? Your kids are the cutest.
Are you counting down the days till preschool starts?? I know I am....

Rieck Family said...

You make me laugh!!

Anonymous said...

okay...so i have TONS of things that flashed through my mind in reading this!! haha so bear with me... :) first, i LOVED those b-day cakes!! did you make those i'm assuming?! you are so talented Mikki!! (i could never do that...) second, i can't BELIEVE you have a seven year old...but man is she a doll! also, LOVE the comment about Emerie's "smokin' hot thigh" rolls...how come that isn't cute at my age!? haha and Jace..."WHATEVER!!" (sigh!) sadly...Kade has said that one to me as well...you'd think he heard it somewhere!?? hahaha goes to show what we mom's tend to say a "bit".... :) you are hilarious Mikki! i loved reading about all that you were up to! loved it :) and yeah...i heard to stay away from the living aquarium...at least until they get a shark tank :)

Sandgren Family said...

So are you telling me that there is hope for Gracie moving out of that backtalking valley girl stage? I can't tell you how many times she says "like" while telling me a story. Drives me crazy!!
Your cakes look great! I always love getting ideas from other people.
Hope you have enjoyed your summer, it's almost over. :-) Tyler can't wait for school to start!